Take CBD; new studies show it may have a positive impact on your immune system! 🙂
Now more than ever, boosting our immune systems is so important. So, bring on the OJ and Vitamin C, and we’ll tell you more about the surprising benefits of CBD on your immune system.
Research is still growing around the full potential of CBD benefits and effects–but some studies have recently revealed that CBD may help alleviate some inflammation. A 2017 study published by the National Library of Medicine explored the effects of CBD on inflammation by testing rats with osteoarthritis. The findings from this study showed hope in the potential anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties of CBD in animals and humans too!
CBD is a chemical compound that is commonly found in the cannabis plant and classified as a cannabinoid. Enough with the science talk… What does this mean exactly?! CBD and other cannabinoids are natural constituents used for medical and wellness purposes. CBD doesn’t create that “high” feeling you get from THC on the nervous system because it is non-intoxicating.
Importance of Our Immune System
The way our immune system works is a complex combination of cells, tissues, and organs. This network works with your body to fight off infections. It’s our way to defend against these outside diseases.
When these unwanted viruses and bacteria get into our body, the immune system protects against them, multiplying throughout your body.
But did you know that your immune system has many different parts?
- White blood cells: The main soldiers fighting off unwanted diseases.
- Skin: Helps prevent germs from getting into the body.
- Mucous Membranes: These moist linings of some organs and body cavities create mucus and other things to trap and fight off unwanted germs.
- Organs and tissues of the lymph system (around your throat): Thymus, spleen, tonsils, lymph nodes, lymph vessels and bone marrow. They produce, store and carry white blood cells.
Not only does your immune system protect against toxins, but it also helps detect and eliminate cells that aren’t doing their job. It regulates cells, so they don’t multiply and form harmful tumors.
That’s why we don’t take immune system health lightly! This complex system helps us fight off infections and disease daily.
The Endocannabinoid System & Me
First, let’s start with our Endocannabinoid System.
The Endocannabinoid System (ECS) is a network of receptors and neurotransmitters integrated into every tissue of our body. The ECS plays a vital role in our brain function and central nervous system. It also interacts with our endocrine (hormonal) system and affects mood, emotions, appetite, pain-sensations, memory and daily functions. Your body makes endocannabinoids to naturally regulate cell function and the immune system. When a system in our body is out of whack, from dealing with stressful deadlines or chasing after kids, the ECS system knows what to do to bring our bodies back to homeostasis.
So how does taking a CBD supplement affect this? Well, phytocannabinoids, which are cannabinoids that are found in plants, interact with the ECS in a similar fashion as endocannabinoids (cannabinoids that your body makes naturally) by balancing and calming the body. Common phytocannabinoids from the hemp plant are CBD, CBG and CBN, which nourish the ECS so it can perform its job optimally.
Can CBD Help Your Immune System?
New research shows that CBD may play a role in how germs spread throughout the body and appears to support a healthy inflammatory response by the immune system.
More research is being conducted every day to find out more about CBD’s relationship and the immune system. Initial indications suggest CBD may also have some use in relation to autoimmune disorders, although more research is needed.
More CBD Uses
Many CBD users have found that it relieves symptoms of PMS, stress, and sleep.
Winged CBD specializes in women’s wellness in particular. We use the power of cannabinoids to target those areas of our lives where we feel unbalanced.
You can use CBD topically, through lotions and serums, to target stiff or uncomfortable joints to support healthy functioning and flexibility. These are some of our holy grail skincare products:
- The Radiance Youth Serum: With a concentrated blend of botanical extracts and oils for ultimate age defense, this silky serum nourishes skin for a youthful and luminous complexion.
- Radiance Facial Oil: A combination of 15 botanical oils revives dehydrated skin without causing breakouts or a greasy complexion.
- Radiance Body Oil: 300mg CBD plus 100mg CBG from full-spectrum hemp to calm irritated or razor burned skin, even for our most sensitive areas. Uses rosehip & sweet almond to reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
- Radiance Everywhere Lotion: Hand and body lotion nourishes dry skin while locking in moisture.
Our mission is to empower women to be the best version of themselves. With CBD, we can finally find peace and balance in those areas of our lives (sleep, stress, PMS, mood support).
If you’re ready to take flight, try visiting here to see what’s the buzz around Winged CBD.